In VertexFx system, you will need a data feed so your system will be able to get the rates of the symbols to be reflected on the market watch, that's why there must be at least one data feed on the system, and it's always recommend to get more than one data feed so the system will switch to another data feed in case the current connected feed was disconnected.
The Data Feeds tab contains some options which are:
|Auto switch between feeds, after prices stopping for a [ ] seconds
||If you checked it you can set how many seconds it will take till the system switch to another feed in case the current connected feed disconnected or all symbols stopped moving.
|Alert me when the active feed disconnected
||This is to give you an alert if the current connected feed is disconnected.
||From this window you can set the interval that the system will auto switch between your feed that you configured. Normally, it's set to be as the opening and closing timing of the market for the whole week.
||From this window, you can see the data feed that was set, and you will notice the connected feed is in green color and the others are in red. Also, you can either Connect, Disconnect, edit, set a New feed, or Remove feed (by right clicking on the desired feed and choosing the option you want).
How to add a new Data Feed
- First you will need to login on the Back office system.
- After the system is connected press on System Options and select the Data Feeds tab.
- On the Currency Interval area, press right click and then choose New Feed.
- After that, this window will appear to you, so here you will start typing the new feed information.
- In Description blank you, fill it with the name of the new feed or with its description.
- Fill in the Server blank with the IP "your data feed server IP" of the server, and follow it with the port number "Currency server Port". (Example: 74.xx.xx.18:4412)
- Then insert the Username/ Password on their blanks, those will be the same US/PW that were set on the currency server.
- After making sure that you filled all the blanks with the correct information; press OK, and a new feed will be added.
Back to System Options
Back to Help Index